Adelante 2019 Overview
What is Adelante?
Albergues & Backpacking Essentials
- In the intentional vision of aiding cross-cultural workers to move onward and forward (this is what adelante means in Spanish!) with resiliency, the Adelante event metaphorically acts as a full-service albergue, or “mountain hut,” to ministry leaders. It’s base camp!
- At Adelante, leaders stop in their ministry trek for a longer rest, refreshment, restocking of supplies, learning new skills, perspective, communal learning, table fellowship, time to connect with God in a quiet space and solidarity with fellow trekkers before heading back out on the trail.
- It is a key milestone along the journey for resiliency in ministry. By the end of the week, each participant will be able to identify and articulate his or her own personal “backpacking essential” needs for sustainability and resiliency going forward…
What can I expect?
- Connection and co-learning with others in a similar season of cross-cultural ministry
- Adelante is actually a 9 month process! In addition to receiving training at the Adelante event, as part of the Adelante package you will receive professional coaching sessions by the Adelante team before and after the event to help your personal resiliency goals take root! The top most significant topics that take leaders off the field prematurely are covered in the training—including conflict resolution, expectations, theology of suffering, grief and loss, balancing family and ministry, and more…
- Spiritual refreshment and soul care. Plenty of time is built into the week for creative spiritual rest and recharge! The Adelante team is also on hand to provide counselling, spiritual direction, coaching and healing prayer. Start each day in worship together. Opportunities for exercise and outdoor activity during the week.
- Geared to the whole family and singles. A high-quality children’s and youth program will be available throughout the week, addressing some of the key resiliency material of the training, but at an age-appropriate level. Families will be encouraged as well to process some of the materials together.
- Rest and discovery in beautiful Southern Spain.
Got a question? Contact us
Departure: Saturday, 11th of May 2019 (by 11am)
Location: Torre de Benagalbón, Málaga, Spain. Centro Ecuménico los Rubíos is a Christian retreat and training centre just 200 metres from a beautiful and peaceful stretch of the Costa del Sol and less than thirty minutes from Málaga airport.
Got a question? Contact us
Full board and lodging prices
Board/lodging fees include seven nights’ accommodation in double or quadruple rooms. You can request a room on your own but we are not able to guarantee it. If this is a problem for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices also include three meals per day (Spanish and international cuisine) and all snacks and drinks during the day.
|Super early bird rate (pay your deposit by 31st October 2018)||Early bird rate (pay your deposit by 31st December 2018)||Normal rate (pay your deposit by 28th February 2019)|
|per adult or child 12 and over||€475.00||€525.00||€575.00|
|per child 4-12||€350.00||€400.00||€450.00|
Conference Fee* (payable with your deposit)
125 euro single adult
250 euro per couple or family
1) *Conference fee is waived for CRM staff.
2) Please do not book flights until your application has been approved and deposit paid. Once you have received receipt of payment for your deposit, you may proceed with booking your flights for the event..
3) Babies/toddlers under 4 are free of charge whenever you book!
4) Your final balance will be due for payment by 31st March 2019. If you register before 1st of March 2019, you may pay a deposit and your full payment will be automatically debited from the same account on 31st March 2019. If you register between 1st March-31st March 2019, you will need to pay the full balance.
5) Closing date for applications is 31st March 2019.
6) Sorry, but all payments are non-refundable.
Scholarships are available!
We try to keep the costs of Adelante as low as possible whilst still providing a quality event. This year, we have reduced costs compared to our 2018 event. Please do not allow financial concerns to keep you from expressing interest in attending! Information on potential financial assistance scholarships are available upon request. [for non-CRM staff only]
Cerny Smith Assessment
Each adult participant will also need to make one online purchase of the Cerny Smith Assessment (CSA) for 50USD one month before the event, and a second CSA purchase 6 months after the event (total of 100USD).
[Note: CSA assessment fees are already covered for CRM staff]
We offer an optional excursion on one of the afternoons. This year, we are offering two options:
1) Cuevas de Nerja – Discovered by accident in 1959 by some locals, Nerja’s caves contain the world’s longest and largest stalactite. These four-km-long, 35 km-wide caves are a stunningly beautiful underground experience. The caves are a scenic 30 minute drive from Los Rubíos and are sure not to disappoint. Cost – 12 euros per adult, 8 euros per child. For more information see the website thenerjacaves.com
2) Malaga city – often used just as an arrival point to the Costa del Sol, Malaga actually has a lot to offer. It has a beautiful old quarter with an impressive cathedral, a Picasso museum (he was born here), a castle and fort offering spectacular views over the Mediterranean, beaches, good shopping and a newly-developed port area, among other things. Cost – 5 euros per adult, 10 euros per couple/family. For more information see the website malagaturismo.com/en
These excursions are optional. If you do choose to go, please just select one. On that afternoon, feel free just to enjoy the beach or the grounds of the centre if you would prefer that. If you can’t decide now, you can add this at a later date.
Got a question? Contact us
Travel to/from Adelante
Adelante will take place in Torre de Benalgalbón, about 30 minutes from Málaga airport. Málaga is well-served by many international carriers and connects with dozens of European countries with good onward connections to cities outside of Europe.
Transfers are available from the airport or Málaga’s Maria Zambrano train station on arrival day (May 4th) and departure day (May 11th). These transfers are free of charge.
Please plan to arrive by 3pm at the airport or the train station on May 4th 2019. If you are travelling by car, please plan to arrive at the event by 4pm.
You will be free to leave after breakfast on May 11th. Transfers will be available up until 12pm on May 11th.
Got a question? Contact us
We are delighted you are ready to apply for Adelante! If you have any problems at any point, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
Application: Fill out the online application and wait for confirmation of approval by email from the Adelante Team. Applications will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited!
Note: CRM staff, please also consult your supervisor when you fill out the application.
You may either pay a deposit now (100 euros per adult or child participant) and full balance by March 31st 2019 or you can pay in full straightaway.
Once you have received application approval from the Adelante team, you have two payment options.
You can either pay in US dollars by clicking on the PAY button below or you may pay in euros. If you would like to pay in euros please get in touch with Andrew on firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to pay your conference fee, if applicable, at the time of booking.
You can also pay for the optional excursion now (although you can think about this and pay for this at a later date if you prefer).
Book flights or transportation: Once your application has been approved, you have registered and received receipt of payment for the event, you may proceed with booking your flights for the event.
Please plan to arrive, if possible, by 3pm (Spain time) at the latest at Malaga airport (or train station) on Saturday, May 4th, 2019. If you are travelling by car directly to Centro Los Rubíos, please plan to arrive by 4pm.
You may plan your departing flight or train any time on Saturday, May 11th, 2019.