The Pablo Ruiz Picasso airport in Málaga is one of the busiest airports in Spain.
It serves as the main international airport for the southern region of Spain.
Below you’ll find important information about arriving at the Málaga airport, but please visit the AIRPORT WEBSITE OR CONTACT US if you have any unanswered questions.
What do I do once I land in Malaga?
- If your original point of departure is outside the European Union (EU), your baggage will NOT be at the carousel number assigned to your flight. In order to pass through customs, you will need to go to Carousels 31-34 located in a separate, glass-enclosed room near the end of the baggage claim area.
- Please take advantage of the free luggage carts.
- Proceed towards the exit and, if we have arranged to pick you up, a team member should be waiting for you at the point where International arrivals exit Customs.
- US residents automatically have a 90-day tourist visa, no need to apply.
What’s the airport code?
How big is Malaga Airport?
- It’s a relatively small airport with most flights arriving and departing from Terminal 2 or 3 (T2, T3), which are all in the same building.
Is there free WI-FI at the airport?
- There is Free internet access but just for the first 15 minutes with limited speed.
What public transportation runs to/from the airport?
There is a “transportation hub” outside of T3, where you have taxi, bus, and train options.
- From the arrivals level you can walk to the curb to take a taxi.
- The bus station is located underground, and can be accessed from the arrivals level both inside and outside.
- The train station is located underground. It runs to the main train station in Malaga and various points in the area. Signs in the airport clearly mark how to make your way down to the underground stations. Please note: The train does NOT run from the airport to our town, Alhaurin de la Torre.
What do I do if I am renting a car?
- If you are renting a car while you are with us, please follow signs in the airport. Alhaurin de la Torre is easily accessed from the airport in about 15 minutes.
What do I do if I am arriving by train?
- If you are arriving via long distance train at Malaga’s train station, Maria Zambrano, we will meet you by the tourist information office as you exit the train.
For help translating while traveling, reference this website with useful Spanish travel phrases.