What some of our attendees have said…
“The good balance between reflection and interaction, as well as the steady progress to make things practical for the end. Also, all the services available so you could take advantage of whatever you felt that you needed. It was both a refreshing and a learning time—very good balance because most trainings/conferences you leave feeling more exhausted even if you have learned some good stuff.“
“A space that allowed me to process out what I was feeling and that I needed to make some changes. It was good to hear that I have some issues that are not necessarily bizarre to my own personal time and experience in my cultural context. The trainings were extremely helpful!”
Adelante [Spanish verb—forward, onward, ahead]
Albergues & Backpacking Essentials
In the intentional vision of aiding cross-cultural workers to move onward and forward with resiliency, the Adelante event metaphorically acts as a full-service albergue, or “mountain hut,” to ministry leaders. It’s base camp!
At Adelante, leaders stop in their ministry trek for a longer rest, refreshment, restocking of supplies, learning new skills, perspective, communal learning, table fellowship, and solidarity with fellow trekkers before heading back out on the trail. The top most significant topics that take leaders off the field prematurely are covered in the training—including conflict resolution, expectations, theology of suffering, grief and loss, balancing family and ministry, and more…
It is a key milestone along the journey for resiliency in ministry. By the end of the week, each participant will be able to identify and articulate his or her own personal “backpacking essential” needs for sustainability and resiliency going forward…
What can I expect?
- Connection and co-learning with others in a similar season of cross-cultural ministry
- Receive 2 personalized and trusted Cross-cultural Adjustment Assessments (CSA—Cerny Smith Assessment; www.cernysmith.com). Participants receive one CSA test before the event; and then a second CSA 6 months after the event!
- Personally-tailored Training & Coaching. Adelante is actually a 9-month process! In addition to receiving training at the Adelante event, as part of the Adelante package you will receive professional coaching sessions by the Adelante Team before and after the event to help your personal resiliency goals take root! The top most significant topics that take leaders off the field prematurely are covered in the training—including conflict resolution, expectations, theology of suffering, grief and loss, balancing family and ministry, and more…
- Spiritual Refreshment and Soul Care. Plenty of time is built into the week for creative spiritual rest and recharge!
- Geared to the Whole Family and Singles. A high-quality children’s and youth program will be available throughout the week, addressing some of the key resiliency material of the training, but at an age-appropriate level. Families will be encouraged as well to process some of the materials together.
- Rest and Discovery in Southern Spain
SAVE THE DATE!
Adelante is a great event! We’d love to see you there. More details about our next event will follow here soon.
ADELANTE 2018 will take place near Malaga in southern Spain from April 29th to May 5th 2018.
Registration will be open from September 2017 but please send us an email now to email@example.com to let us know you are interested in participating or if you would like more information.